if you want to buy some dready art or just chat, email dready:

dreadyart@dreadyworld.com

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Channelling TinTin ...



... a commission to do 3 dready art images that relate to a guy's life and it had to include his dog(s)

I started out with a very pop art poster idea and a terracotta background ... it was strong and you could feel the heat coming off of it like a desert ...

but as I continued to draw the TinTin-ishness of the whole thing came to mind; the dog in the goggles, the vespa's style and so it began to evolve and the terracotta colour became instead a spanish vase ... an old one that is in the garden, not his garden, our garden.

i'd like to say that it was a gift from my father, but it wasn't really - he always had these antique spanish jars when i was a bwoy and he took a bunch from Jamaica to Belize when he moved and they were at the base of the stilts that held the house up ...

and he took one to florida where he had a small townhouse.

we, PG and I, were packing up the townhouse years later; the old bwoy was moving from belize to guatemala and PG called him and said 'I'm giving Shane whatever he wants out of the house' ...

I got the Spanish jar and a Dutch painting ...

anyhow the spanish jars are evocative for me ...

love!




No comments:

Post a Comment