if you want to buy some dready art or just chat, email dready:

dreadyart@dreadyworld.com

Sunday, September 25, 2016

dready moustaches ...




    dready s 'the very fictitious west indian regiment's moustaches' -
                                                 - 10x14 - unlimited edition print/fundraising

it's MoVember coming up and the local committee asked me if I'd come up with a dready ...

in my mind moustaches are linked to 4 things; disco, cops, (disco-cops), hipsters and the ignoble business of victorian era militarism ...

and i'm a fan of the flashman books, love his character ...

and so I began to play with the idea in my head of what a west indian victorian adventurer-soldier might be like: irreverent, cool, bad-man, swish ...

he'd be like sir richard burton; he'd write books on sex and discover the source of the nile all in a week like ...

to rass ...




No comments:

Post a Comment