if you want to buy some dready art or just chat, email dready:

dreadyart@dreadyworld.com

Monday, August 7, 2017

dready - the things you do for yourself .. ...


                   dready art 'John's Canoe' - 20x12 - image

i went to see an artist I know in his studio, famous dooood, sells plenty plenty art globally and, instead I found him in his garage, and he was painting away at a large large canvas ...
I said 'whatya doing?'
he said 'jerking off really.' ...
he had had this large large canvas just sitting there,  at the back of the garage, behind the table tennis table; he had no commission, no instructions from his office to do a new image for series work, or to film for Tshirts, he just wanted to paint and so he was ...

in any given year about 50% of the dreadys i do are for commissions, 50% are directed at new print series for walls that dready sells from, and another 50% just because I fancy the idea or because of something I've seen that puts me in motion to draw ...

if you were paying attention you mighta noticed the math don't add up, but you get what I mean ...

print series' fill a need as well as coming under the category of 'i fancy the idea' ... there's a constant want to move images around, and to put up fresh images for sale so that people don't get bored of seeing the same old stuff ... and that's nice so I can keep drawing ideas.

but sometimes I just want to draw something and then you hope to find a place for it later.

the series, way below on these pages, called the journey, fits that mould - it was just something I wanted to do ... and I haven't yet found a space to put it; it's not made for a space, somebody'd really just kinda have to fall in love with it and want it.

this, 'john's canoe', started with the pic of a boat and made its way from there, I don't have a wall in mind for it;  it's got a nude in it, so even harder to place, but the boat was so cool I wanted to draw it ... and the nude found her way in there ...

sometimes you just wanna draw something ...

time will tell ...





No comments:

Post a Comment